Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WE ARE SO CLOSE!

Ok, I know it's been ages since we've posted. Work, volunteering, travel, daily life has really gotten in the way.

Just want to get out some major updates and then I can post my back-dated updates (complete w/ full timeline details and well, you know, emotions).

- We were medically cleared 9/16ish
(WHEW!) We only had one issue where Jeff had to have his blood re-tested based on some silly lab code. I guess we were part of that 15% that got it right the first time (yes, I'm bragging but these forms resulted in a lot of stress and countless doctors' visits--and multiple repeat visits).

-9/23 I was legally cleared (meaning they approved my school loan transfer/paperwork)
Jeff was already legally cleared

-9/23 Placement emailed us to ask for updated resumes and an Education Skillset Addendum

-9/28 We submitted the requested paperwork (finally got around to focusing on this after the crazy weekend of the Ragnar Relay in D.C.)
Unfortunately the Placement Office is off-site thru Friday... so I guess we'll have to wait until Monday for any more communication.

And that bring us up to tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Off-site? That's odd, so they're all just not in until Monday? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christina... not sure. I think it means they have a meeting or conference? Not entirely sure, though. This was the message I got: "Greetings, The Placement Office will be working off-site from Wednesday, September 29th to Friday October 1st. We will respond to your email when we return to the office next week, Monday, October 4."
    So... Monday, it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh well that's not very fun for us :( But I'm glad I found your journal to maybe explain why I haven't heard from them in a while, so thanks! At least we're all so close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on hearing from placement! My husband and I received medical clearance on the 13th and still have not heard from them :(

    Hope the news on Monday is good for you!

    ReplyDelete